I am including in this web site all of the materials, written and web links that helped me understand benzodiazepine dependency, withdrawal and recovery. The reading material does not necessarily represent my actual experience, to understand this you can refer to my journal entries, but the information contained in this material does provide some generic data that I consider valuable in understanding the subject matter.
Among the web links, I included a link to the treatment center, Pat Moore Foundation. This is where I finally found myself and went through the initial phases of recovery – the actual surrender. Another link is to a special individual who helped me tremendously with his knowledge of bio and neurofeedback. His name is Erik Olesen. I am also including the web link to Chapa De in Auburn, California. Their Behavioral Health Department was instrumental in the early stages of my recovery. Tom Seibel taught me autogenic training and meditation techniques and their psychiatrists understood the importance of not prescribing narcotic or addictive medications.
- Ashton Manual
Professor Ashton’s BENZODIAZEPINES: HOW THEY WORK AND HOW TO WITHDRAW
- Ashton Manual Supplement
A Supplement to Benzodiazepines: How They Work & How to Withdraw (2002)
- Auburn California Therapy – Bio/Neurofeedback Psychotherapy, Life Coaching & Neurofeedback
- Benzo Buddies
BenzoBuddies: an inclusive, nonjudgmental mutual-support environment for those who wish to withdraw from benzodiazepines.
- Benzodiazepine Dependence
What are symptoms of benzodiazepine dependence?
- Benzodiazepine Information Benzodiazepine Information Coalition
- Benzodiazepine Withdrawal & Recovery
Information and Resources for Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Sufferers
- Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Help
A resource for more information on Benzodiazepine Withdrawal
- Chapa De
Today Chapa-De operates two private, non-profit community health centers and is governed by an American Indian Board of Directors.
- Pat Moore Foundation
Residential Addiction Treatment
- Professor Ashton’s Benzo Web Site
- Accidental Addict Sleeping Pills & Tranquilizers Make You Sick
- AGS Beers Criteria For Potentially Inappropriate Medication Use in Older Adults
- Benzodiazepine Dependence From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Benzodiazepines Profile
- BENZODIAZEPINES: How They Work and How to Withdrawal Chapter 1
- Craving – Benzodiazepines The role of craving in relapse after discontinuation of long-term benzodiazepine use
- Diagnosis and Management of Benzodiazepine Dependence by Professor Ashton
- It Works: How & Why The book you have in your hands is a discussion of the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Narcotics Anonymous.
- Long-term benzodiazepine users in family practice differences from short-term users in mental health, coping behaviour and psychological characteristics
- Primary Care Guide To The Prescription of Benzodiazepines For Adults With Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities
- Programme on Substance Abuse Rational Use of Benzodiazepines
- The Benzo Book Getting Safely off Tranquilizers
- The Role of Benzodiazepines in the Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Advancing science and promoting understanding of traumatic stress
- Worse Than Heroin The World’s Most Difficult Addiction Problem By E. Robert Mercer
Let me know how I can be of support – (916) 628-5465